Japan Offers China a Cold One
With beer sales losing fizz at home, Japan's brewers have tried futilely in recent years to reignite sales. Relentless TV advertising hasn't done the trick nor, on the whole, has the introduction of new hybrid drinks, such as cheaper low- or no-malt varieties of beer (see BusinessWeek.com, 4/25/06, "Kirin Out-Chugs the Competition on Taste Tax"). And the sales stall looks likely to continue. Nikko Citigroup reckons total beer sales will dip 2.8% from current levels by 2008.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations