eBay Gets into the Ad Game, Sort OfRob Hof
I couldn't make it early enough to the eBay Developer Conference in Las Vegas to hear the company announce eBay AdContext, which at first sounds like a competitor to Google's AdSense. Like AdSense, AdContext will run ads on Web sites--in this case, ads for eBay marketplace listings appropriate to those sites, such as listings for sports memorabilia on a baseball fan site. Those sites will get a cut of revenues that result. Big difference, though, is that this isn't an advertising play for eBay as much as a way to drive more traffic to its listings. And it's only for eBay affiliate sites.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’