Vital Signs: Tough Talk on Inflation
The final batch of critical data before the Federal Reserve's Open Market Committee meets on June 28-29 will determine whether another rate hike is warranted. Aggressive talk on inflation by Chairman Ben Bernanke has economists upping the odds of another quarter-point hike in the fed funds rate, to 5.25%. The tough talk has come in the face of recent economic figures indicating a moderation in economic growth and the central bank's ongoing guidance that monetary policy decisions are extremely data dependent right now.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders