Microsoft's Tick-Tock Crock
The year was 2002. The venue was Las Vegas, the site of the second-to-last Comdex trade show ever held. I was in the audience when Microsoft (MSFT) Chairman Bill Gates got the tech world on the edge of its collective seat over something no more complicated than a wristwatch.With a few exceptions, most of what I can learn from this watch I can get from other sources that are no more or less convenient to use. But many of those alternatives are certainly less costly.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since BP Disaster
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy