Small Biz Screens for Work Status
A small but growing number of small businesses and franchises are using a voluntary federal program that checks new employees' legal work status against government databases. Participation in the program, known as Basic Pilot, signals that the debate over how to prevent the widespread hiring of illegal immigrants is spreading to small businesses.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- New Uber CEO Keeps Finding Horrors at Every Turn
- Facebook to Show Users Which Russian Propaganda They Followed
- Jamie Dimon Says He'd Bet Donald Trump Doesn't Win Again in 2020