Halo Cars That Shine
Slide Show >>
A halo car is a showcase vehicle, typically intended to represent the best of a manufacturer's talents, such as Daimler Chrysler's's (DCX) Dodge Viper or the new Saturn Sky from General Motors (see BW Online, 5/31/06, "Sky High") All the performance and styling a brand can muster are wrapped into one drool-worthy, rare, expensive package. "Traditionally, these vehicles are intended to epitomize everything a brand stands for, everything a brand can do," says Wes Brown, a partner in the Los Angeles consumer marketing-research firm Iceology. "But they're also supposed to draw traffic to the showrooms."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- Europe Stocks Fall After China Drop; Dollar Steady: Markets Wrap
- New Uber CEO Keeps Finding Horrors at Every Turn
- Facebook to Show Users Which Russian Propaganda They Followed