China's Carmakers at the CrossroadsJim Hemerling
Chinese manufacturers have moved onto the global stage with unprecedented speed and efficiency. China is already the world's largest producer of aluminum, cement, copper, and steel. It dominates the low-end consumer market in everything from textiles to consumer electronics, and it has surpassed the U.S. as the world's largest exporter of many information technology products. China's economy is growing at an annual rate of 8% to 10%. Per-capita gross domestic product has reached $1,600 -- and has nowhere to go but up.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- World's Second-Tallest Building Opens With a Whimper After Delay
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations