Web 3.0?? Save me now
In my email box on Thursday, I got this really chirpy invite to the Web 2.0 conference in San Francisco in November. This, of course, is the famous conference that two years ago captured the sense of renewal and revitalization that was coming back to the Internet. And.....ok.....ushered the phrase Web 2.0 into the lexicon for good, if I remember right.
What caught my attention, though, was the list of topics they plan to cover....and front and center, at the very top was this:
"Defining Web 3.0: What's Next"
Please. No. No one can even agree on what Web 2.0 is. I was hoping it would just fade away gracefully....
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- ‘No Cash’ Signs Everywhere Has Sweden Worried It's Gone Too Far
- Boom Turns to Bust for Millennials Across Advanced Economies
- How One of the Most Profitable Trades of the Last Few Years Blew Up in a Single Day
- Dollar Steady, Oil Rises as European Stocks Falter: Markets Wrap
- Singapore Plans to Boost Goods and Services Tax to 9%