Could Consumers Call It Quits?Pallavi Gogoi
Prices at the pump are soaring, interest rates are rising, and home values are stagnating. But even in the face of bad news, the American consumer has demonstrated a surprising willingness to keep spending. That may be changing, however. Recent earnings reports from major retailers suggest that consumers may not be willing, or able, to keep shopping till they drop.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single