Man-Eaters of Madison Avenue
Being a modern girl is liberating. We aren't restricted like the citizens of the last millennium, back when single people actually had to have feelings and be in a "relationship" to get some action. If you wanna be a hip brand today, here's your ticket: Girls like it hot, fast, and irrelevant. At least, that's the word in the advertising scene where brands such as Reebok, Sketchers, and Armani Exchange show girls hungrily taking down men in their print campaigns. Flip through an Ellegirl magazine, and you'll find one man-eating female after another. Somehow, someone convinced advertisers that girls want to be represented as cold, aggressive players.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt
- Bitcoin Soars Past $8,000 as Technology Shift Concern Vanishes