Master Planners Being Sought in New OrleansSam Lubell
New Orleans Mayor C. Ray Nagin's Bring New Orleans Back Commission's proposed city master plan, which is being designed by Philadelphia-based architecture and planning firm Wallace, Roberts, Todd, was supposed to be the definitive document for rebuilding. But now there is another major player vying to get involved. The Greater New Orleans Foundation (GNOF), a local public charity, will soon oversee a Request For Qualifications seeking planners for many of the city's neighborhoods. The Foundation's recently established Rebuild New Orleans Fund, along with a $3.5 million grant it was awarded in late April by the Rockefeller Foundation, will help pay for the effort.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’