Taking the Pulse of Women Entrepreneurs
Women-owned businesses are on the rise. Consider the following figures: According to the Washington-based Center for Women's Business Research, 48% of all privately held U.S. firms are 50% or more women-owned -- for a total of 10.6 million firms. They generate $2.5 trillion in sales and employ 19.1 million people across the country. Moreover, between 1997 and 2004 the number of women-owned companies grew 28.1% -- nearly three times the rate of all privately held businesses with employees.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts