Plug and Play Management--The Next Core Competence.
Let's talk management for a moment. I'm beginning to hear it again and again--managing networks is becoming THE critical skill for the global corporation. Forget managing all those "direct reports." That's so 20th century. But leading teams and being a great coach is no longer sufficient either. As corporations disaggregate and use networks of scientists, ethnographers, engineers and ideation people all over the world to innovate and create new products, as they outsource manufacturing and much of commodity services to Asia, they are moving beyond the "flattening" stage of organization. They are becoming more porous, looser, faster and way more flexible. The networked corporation is replacing the post-pyramidal, hierarchical flattened business organization.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- GE's New CEO Slashes Profit Outlook, Sends Shares Tumbling
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans