Marc Benioff's Burden: OutagesSteve Hamm
It's like a pesky housefly circling Marc Benioff's head that just won't go away no matter how many times he swats at it. Since December, the Salesforce.com Web site has been hit by a string of outages. No sooner does CEO Benioff conclude that he has the problem whipped when trouble strikes again. Now, a fix is in the works. He hopes. Within the next several weeks Benioff, plans on installing several new smaller servers to replace one large one that has been the main source of the problem. "I want to be done with this," mutters a usually unflappable Benioff.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- GE's New CEO Slashes Profit Outlook, Sends Shares Tumbling
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself