Can Tacony Vacuum Leave Miele in the Dust?
Slide Show >>
When Miele became one of the nation's best-selling premium vacuum cleaner brands in the second half of the 1990s, it came at tiny Tacony's expense. Tacony's two brands, Riccar and Simplicity, were top sellers at independent vacuum cleaner stores, where most $500-and-up machines are sold. But Miele's vacuums -- praised for their German engineering and sleek styling -- quickly surpassed Riccar and Simplicity sales, threatening to undermine Tacony's business.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing