China's President Hu Does Not Get The Red Carpet Treatment at The White House.By
Carpets can tell you a lot about people and when a red one is rolled out in Washington DC it means a lot, so the fact that a red carpet was not rolled out for China's President Hu but was rolled out for India's Prime Minister Singh is meaningful. According to our resident China watcher/specialist Joyce Barnathan, Washington is signalling it is unwilling to embrace Beijing politically as closely as it wants to embrace India.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards