Telecom's Merger Fever
In the telecommunications sector, mergers are the trend of the moment. Though there has been a rash of combinations between the large national and regional telecom service providers, rural operators such as CenturyTel (CTL) and Commonwealth Telephone (CTCO) could be ready to do some deals with smaller outfits, says Todd Rosenbluth, who follows telecom services stocks for Standard & Poor's Equity Research. "We believe the next wave of consolidation is likely to be focused more on the smaller rural properties and see the large independent rural providers such as CenturyTel as being among the acquirers," he says.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas