Home Is Where the Tax Is

A question about per diems in home-based business -- when is a job in another state travel, and when is it relocation? The answer: It depends

My wife and I own a home-based computer consulting service structured as an S-Corp. Although the business is registered in Florida, we got a contract job in Texas and vacated our apartment, moving to Houston in January. Can I take per diem on my paychecks while we are working here? If so, do I need to show proof of residence in Florida?

To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.