Thai Leader Bows Out, Market ApplaudsBy
When Thai billionaire businessman Thaksin Shinawatra swept into power in 2001, he promised to be a "CEO Prime Minister." Thailand prospered, and 13 months ago he and his ruling Thai Rak Thai party pulled off a stunning landslide victory. In a nation known for an ineffectual, revolving-door government, Thaksin became the first prime minister ever to win an outright majority. Not so long ago, Thaksin had real ambitions to emerge as Southeast Asia's most influential leader.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis