Merck's Outside Man
If there were any doubts that Merck (MRK) Chief Executive Officer Richard Clark means to shake up the ailing drug giant, his first major hire dispelled them. On Apr. 3, the company announced Clark had hired Peter Loescher, president and CEO of GE Healthcare Bio-Sciences (GE), to run Merck's global pharmaceutical business. In that newly created position, Loescher will have Merck's four main sales units reporting to him, including the U.S. operation and Merck's growing vaccines division.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The U.S. Drops Out of the Top 10 in Innovation Ranking
- Here’s What Trump’s Tariffs on U.S. Imports Are Doing to Markets
- Musk's New Pay Deal Could Make Him the World's Richest Man—If Tesla Succeeds
- Bitcoin May Split 50 Times in 2018 as Forking Craze Mounts
- Trump's Tariffs on Solar Mark Biggest Blow to Renewables Yet