Toyota Winning the Hybrid RaceIan Rowley
A first-mover advantage -- and some slick ads -- allowed Toyota (TM) to take the lead in the production of hybrid cars when it launched the Prius in Japan back in 1997. So did a slow response from rivals to understand the potential of gas-electric vehicles. No more. General Motors (GM) will launch its first hybrid later this year, while Ford (F) will have four hybrids on sale by 2008.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing