Searching for an 07 IPOBy
Had a chat a few days back with Steve Papa, the founder of a very interesting search-technology startup called Endeca. It's big in a couple of areas. First, it has built a specialized search engine e-tailers use to make it easier to drill down through thousands of products to find the book or drill you want. Top clients include Walmart.com and a total of about 40 of the top 100 e-tail sites, Papa says. It's also adapting its technology to help big enterprises manage the piles of data and expertise they have -- think buzzwords like knowledge management and business analytics. Big clients there include IBM, which uses Endeca software to keep track of its thousands of consultants' expertise so they can match the right consultant to the right job. (That project landed IBM on last year's BW Websmart 50 companies list).
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis