Oppenheimer Main Street Small Cap Fund
One way to run a mutual fund is to make a handful of big bets on stocks and hope for a few home runs. The funds that do that often make headlines when they win -- and lose. Nikolaos Monoyios and Mark Zavanelli take the opposite approach in Oppenheimer Main Street Small Cap Fund (OPMBX). With tiny positions in some 1,200 stocks, they're aiming for lots of base hits. For the 2001-05 period, they earned an average annual return of 12.7%, vs. 8.2% for the benchmark Russell 2000 index.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy