James Stratton: Stratton Growth Fund
The term that most aptly describes James Stratton is "old school." Stratton, 69, has been managing money since 1960, and the $175 million Stratton Growth Fund (STRGX) since 1972. In fact, the fund is so old that Stratton says it may be mislabeled by today's standards. "When we put 'growth' in the title, the mutual-fund market wasn't divided into growth and value investing," he says. "We just wanted the money in the fund to grow."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress's Fault When Stocks Crash