High Times for Luxury Watchmakers
Time, as the adage goes, is money. For luxury watchmakers these days, time is a great deal of money indeed. High-end tickers, from the dainty and diamond-encrusted Cartier, to the solid-gold Rolex and the sporty-chic Omega, are selling quicker than a New York minute. Watch exports from Switzerland, where most of these pricey timepieces are made, rose 11% last year, to more than $9.5 billion, according to the Federation of the Swiss Watch Industry.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting