Edgeio's New Blog Platform
When Edgeio soft-launched a few weeks ago, it got a lot of deserved attention for its novel idea of vacuuming up classified-ad listings logically tagged "listing" on millions of blogs and presenting them on its own site. But I mentioned that it faced at least two big challenges: spam and the fact that a blog isn't the first place most people will think of listing an item, if they even have a blog.
Cofounder Mike Arrington admits Edgeio, which now has about 20,000 listings from 1,124 cities, hasn't been tested on the spam issue yet. But today, it has a couple of new answers to the second issue. For one, Edgeio has added a box that lets you add items from your blog directly on Edgeio, so you don't have to go the trouble of tagging it as a listing on your own blog.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing