U.S. Retail Sales Stumble in February
The February retail sales report revealed a drop in sales, but the decline followed a much larger and more broadbased surge in all of the major components in January, to leave the robust sales trajectory for the first quarter intact. Indeed, retail sales have registered a powerful uptrend ever since the November report of aggressive sales, due partly to the extraordinarily mild weather. A return to normal weather in February took a chunk back, but a surprisingly small one.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy