Should you buy stock in homebuilders?Dean Foust
Jan Hatzius at Goldman Sachs is one of my favorite economists on Wall Street (as you can tell from earlier postings). In a new report, Hatzius tries to gander a guess at predicting the future for homebuilders. Best guess? That we’ll see a peak-to-trough drop in housing starts by between 15% to 30% (!). Hatzius figured this by comparing housing starts to the growth rate in the housing stock and then comparing it all to the number of households.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Stocks Slide From Records as Anxiety Bubbles Up: Markets Wrap
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States