Publishing Primed by Newspaper Deal
The news hit the Street on the morning of Mar. 13: McClatchy (MNI) reached a deal to buy Knight Ridder (KRI), the second-largest newspaper publisher in the U.S. The planned acquisition is subject to necessary approvals. Knowing that there is no longer a stand-alone newspaper index (the Publishing & Printing subindustry index contains 15 book and newspaper publishers, as well as commercial printers), I wondered what the relative price performance for this larger group has been -- whether it was beginning to look attractive.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy