Marty Whitman dips a toe into GM's sea of debtAaron Pressman
Another day, another fascinating read from one of the planet's great investors, in this case, Marty Whitman of the Third Avenue Value Fund (TAVFX). In his first quarter letter to shareholders (PDF file), he says he bought a small position of $2 million in unsecured General Motors debt at about 50 cents on the dollar and a yield of 15%.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’