Google Ratings: More Chips at eBay's ArmorRob Hof
Scot Wingo, CEO of the online merchant services firm ChannelAdvisor, notes that Google appears to be developing a reputation system for Google Base, which many folks already think is a threat to eBay. We tend to forget that eBay's ability to crush most of its rivals so far is more than just that it got a big head start in auctions. It's also that neither buyers nor sellers want to leave their carefully tended reputations behind by going somewhere else. Clearly, Google knows this and is looking for a way to build up its own rating system.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- GE's New CEO Slashes Profit Outlook, Sends Shares Tumbling
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself