Physician, Heal Thy Business Model
Jesse Moore remembers the day in 2002 when he saved the life of Dr. Elizabeth Vaughan. Moore had been providing marketing and financial assistance to the Martinsville (Va.) physician. "She was working 90 hours a week seeing patients, trying to provide the level of medical care she had always provided in the past, before managed care and insurance companies took over," he says. It was akin to being on a treadmill that kept going faster. Eventually she couldn't keep up.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Stocks Slide From Records as Anxiety Bubbles Up: Markets Wrap
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States