A new kind of electric autoIan Rowley
Okay so it's not the best looking machine in the world, but C-COMS (above) is a world first according to researchers at the University of Tokyo's Institute of Industrial Science. Its inventors claim that the 200kg, one-seater auto is the first car to be powered completely by capacitors. In total, C-COMS has 21 capacitors each weighing 1.9kg, which make for a maximum speed of 50kph.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- World's Second-Tallest Building Opens With a Whimper After Delay
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations