The quiet killer market in online ads: Placebos
When advertisers research the effectiveness of an online advertisement, they typically populate half of the pages with the ad--and the other half, the control group, with a filler ad, a placebo. This is valuable advertising real estate that is often given away. One common placebo ad, I'm hearing, is Red Cross.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- As Bitcoin Sinks, Crypto Bros Party Hard on a Blockchain Cruise
- Norwegian Airlines Sets Record for Fastest Transatlantic Flight
- How a 22-Year-Old Discovered the Worst Chip Flaws in History
- Amazon Go Pushes Mediterranean Lamb, Skips the Chili Cheese Dogs
- Tanker With Russian Gas for Boston Makes Mid-Atlantic U-Turn