Electric Utilities Stocks Lose Power
The spark has gone out of electric utilities stocks in the past few months. During the week ending Feb. 17, the S&P 1500 Electric Utilities subindustry index's trailing 52-week relative strength ranking (RSR) dropped to 3 (middle 40%) from 4 (top 30%). Had this group been on the High Momentum List (having reached an RSR of 5 -- top 10% -- and retaining a ranking of 5 or 4), it would have been removed from the list because of the current longer-term price erosion.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas