Welcome to the Jungle--Costa Rican styleBy
Imagine a master planned community without the acres of cookie-cutter housing and (insert name of over-the-hill pro)-designed golf course. That's what hotel entrepreneur Hal Wright--he of the Homewood Suites and Extended Stay America chains-- is doing with his Punta Dominical http://puntadominical.comdevelopment on 1,000 acres of Costa Rican beachfront. Half of the 150 units, which range from $330,000 villas to $1 million custom-built homes, have already been sold. Wright's building on just 10% of the land and leaving some of the roads unpaved, so everyone will get a feel-good, eco-friendly vibe. Sounds like paradise to me.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself