There's no such thing as the blogosphere? A response
Former Gawker blogger Choire Sicha says that there is no such thing as the blogosphere. "These people aren’t connected; they don't have anything to do with each other."
Well, that's just not true. Even before the Internet, we were connected. Now we're more so. Sure, we only read a tiny fraction of the blogs out there, but that doesn't mean we're not connected. If a storm breaks out in one corner of the blog world, others feel its effect. Maybe I'm a sucker for chaos theory, but for me, the blogosphere is like global weather. With each post, we're all contributing to breezes and eddies, high and low pressure systems. Occasionally we can stir up tornados.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- In One Tweet, Kylie Jenner Wiped Out $1.3 Billion of Snap’s Market Value
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Apple Plans Upgrades to Popular AirPods Headphones
- Snap CEO Evan Spiegel Got $638 Million in Year of Firm's IPO
- U.S. Stocks End Mixed as Bonds Gain, Dollar Slumps: Markets Wrap