Campfire: Group Chat for BusinessesRob Hof
The keep-it-simple folks from 37Signals are at it again with their latest offering: Campfire, a hosted group chat service starting at $12 a month. Some interesting business features: Chats are recorded, and each one has its own Web address. Chat rooms can be locked to a few people for sensitive talks. They're invitation-only, with password protection and security in in premium plans. But still dead simple. Not sure it will have as wide an audience as 37Signals' project collaboration service Basecamp and organizer service Backpack, especially without a free version beyond the first 30 days, but it looks pretty useful for fast-moving collaborative groups. Stowe Boyd has a good first look.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing