Toting a TrademarkReena Jana
Coca-Cola's (KO) hourglass-shaped bottle. Absolut Vodka's widebodied, slim-necked vessel. These iconic silhouettes serve as distinctive symbols of their brands and are protected by registered trademarks. Such recognition by the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office is relatively rare. But in January a small Manhattan startup won the same protection. Built NY, now two and a half years old, successfully trademarked the shape of its first product: the Two-Bottle Tote.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis