A Pixar Exec's Fairy-Tale Story
Elton John had just rocked the house with a new song. Jodie Foster had stopped by to chat up her new film with the crowd. But the show that Walt Disney (DIS) was putting on at a Hollywood theater to pitch upcoming movies came to a stop because one headliner was late from the airport. Quickly improvising, Disney Studios Chairman Richard Cook staged a mock conversation between himself and the missing guest, Pixar's top creative executive, John Lasseter. During his conversation with himself, Cook implored Lasseter to "tell Steve Jobs that we can't leave Disney."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- NFL’s $205 Million Man Is Hated by Everyone But Those Who Matter
- Americans Are Retiring Later, Dying Sooner and Sicker In-Between
- Singapore Will Stop Increasing Car Numbers From February 2018
- Noble Group Warns of Loss Topping $1 Billion
- U.S. Stocks Drop at Start of Big Week for Earnings: Markets Wrap