Darkness Creeps Over Lucent
Things were looking up for telecom equipment giant Lucent Technologies (LU). Since becoming chief executive in 2002, Pat Russo had succeeded in returning it to profitability after a drought that resulted in three years of losses (see BW Online, 10/23/03, "Light at the End of Lucent's Tunnel"). She slashed jobs and beefed up the division that caters to wireless carriers, lessening Lucent's reliance on areas of telecom that are in decline. Investors and Wall Street analysts lauded Russo's efforts.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’