Yahoo! Answers: Search with a Human TouchRob Hof
Just launched in beta, Yahoo! Answers is a place where you can ask questions on any topic and get answers from real people. It's free, presumably funded by sponsored ads. Keen.com started out trying to provide something like that, and it's still around as a sort of psychic/astrology advice line, but clearly Yahoo has bigger ambitions. The big question on these Power of Us services is whether the incentives--in this case, it appears, the chance to build a reputation from people's ratings of answers--will be enough to build a critical mass of users. As soon as I can check it out, I'll post a short update.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Homicide Police Probe Deaths of Canadian Billionaire and Wife
- Stocks Gain on U.S. Tax Plan; Treasuries Decline: Markets Wrap
- Death of CSX's New CEO Renews Debate on Health Disclosures
- Bitcoin Takes Bigger Wall Street Stage With Smooth CME Debut
- Bitcoin Climbs as Futures Debut Fails to Incite Attack by Shorts