A Mercedes That Speeds the Heart
I got one last glorious sun-dappled Sunday morning to test out the new Mercedes 280 SLK. I put down the top and took it north on Pennsylvania Rt. 170 along the West branch of the Lackawaxen River, one of the most beautiful stretches of road on the East Coast. I felt like one of those playboys in 1960s movies they filmed driving through the Alps. The radio was playing rousing Chopin mazurkas and the whine of the engine periodically burst through the music as the car strained to maintain speed up the steeper hills.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders