Know Your Business, and Know Who's Really an Expert in It
When Howard Schultz met the folks at Starbucks — then sellers of coffee machines and beans — and spun his vision of the coffeehouses that we now know as Starbucks, they told Howard that he was dead wrong. They even sent him to San Francisco, to meet with the largest importer of coffee beans, who also told him he was nuts.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since BP Disaster
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline