When Aspirations Backfire
Years ago, I was waiting in line at the bank, bored. I started looking around and noticed a nearby counter card. It said, "Our mission is to exceed our customers' expectations." I couldn't help but smile because the bank had indeed exceeded my expectations -- I had expected to wait in line for five minutes, and it had already been 10.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt
- Bitcoin Soars Past $8,000 as Technology Shift Concern Vanishes