The real message in the metrics of IBM.By
IBM's 22% profit rise reflects a lot of things, including significant cost cutting, but the deeper message in the figures is that IBM is making progress on becoming an innovation and design consultant to Corporate America. IBM has been moving its traditional business consulting work upscale by doing two things: 1) taking over increasingly sophisticated operations from companies and running them;
2) using its top-notch design and technology expertise to do innovation for other companies. The profits numbers show real progress in expanding both businesses.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards