A nail in the coffin of housing?Dean Foust
I'm struck by how little attention was paid last week to the proposals released by a special commission Bush created to address the coming train wreck created by the Alternative Minimum Tax. (This is a whole separate story, but in short, Congress created the AMT to ensure that fat cats taking exorbitant numbers of deductions paid a minimum amount of tax. But because the AMT was never indexed for inflation, in coming years a lot of middle-class taxpayers in high-tax states like New York and California are going to suddenly be eligible for the AMT--which will cause their tax burdens to shoot up.)
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards