Stocks Finish Mixed
Stocks barely budged on Thursday, as the market recovered in the afternoon, likely reflecting short covering ahead of the consumer price index (CPI) release tomorrow morning, says Standard & Poor's MarketScope. A jump in the 10-year Treasury yield to 4.50% just before noon had pressured the indices, as investors worried about inflation and higher interest rates.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing