New from Yahoo Research: Intent-Driven Search
Folks from Yahoo Research showed one of the many projects they have in beta--Mindset, which Yahoo says is for "intent-driven search." It lets you use a slider bar on searches to emphasize either research or shopping along a continuum. So if you're looking to do some research on, say, baseball bats, you type it in, and move the slide all the way to the right, toward the research end of the continuum. Then when you want to buy a bat, you slide the mouse way over to the left and you get different results more germane to shopping. It's another experimental step toward making search more relevant.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap