Stocks Finish Lower
Stocks tumbled Wednesday as Hurricane Rita -- upgraded to a category five storm with winds reaching 165 miles per hour -- approached the Texas coast, raising fears of another natural disaster just as Louisiana begins to recover from Katrina. Expectations that the Federal Reserve's tightening cycle still has legs also weighed on sentiment, says Standard & Poor's MarketScope.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy